ALL SAINTS TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
ALL SAINTS TATTOO
1. Remove bandage in 2 to 5 hours. Do not re-bandage tattoo. If you feel that a sterile dressing is needed for any reason, please consult your artist.
2. Wash tattoo gently using warm water with mild hand soap using only your bare hands: no washcloths. Antibacterial Dial is the preferred hand soap to use. Gently rinse off your tattoo by gently splashing water on it. Do not soak your tattoo or let it come into prolonged contact with running water.
3. Apply ointment to your tattoo with your bare hands, but use sparingly. Too much ointment is just as bad as too little! A thin coat is sufficient. The recommended ointment is Aquaphor, but you may also use A&D ointment. DO NOT use any triple antibacterial ointments like neosporin - NO vaseline NO cocoa butter NO rubbing alcohol either!!!
4. Wash your tattoo 3 times a day for 3 full days, applying the ointment after each washing.
5. By the 4th day of healing, switch to a fragrance free hand lotion. Apply the lotion every couple of hours, as needed. If your tattoo looks or feels dry, apply some lotion. At this time you are no longer required to wash the tattoo multiple times. Once during a shower is sufficient.
6. Your tattoo will start peeling and scabbing within the first week- DO NOT PICK AT YOUR TATTOO!!! The flakes of dead skin will be the color of the ink. This is totally normal and acceptable! Again, don't pick at it!! Let the flakes of skin fall off on their own.
7. For about 2 weeks DO NOT SOAK YOUR TATTOO, no pools, fresh salt or chlorinated water.
***Showers are OK, just avoid letting the pressurized water hit against your tattoo.**
8. Avoid direct sunlight on your tattoo, real or fake (tanning beds that is!!).
Consult a health care practitioner at the first sign of infection or an allergic reaction, and report any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction or adverse reaction resulting from the tattoo to the Tattoo Artist and to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Drugs, and Medical Devices Group at 1-888-839-6676